Cannabis has several medicinal uses and is legal in several states. More and more patients are using cannabis as a medication for anxiety, pain management, and for recreational use.
In this episode, Jeremy and Sass discuss the pharmacodynamics of cannabis and focus on the systemic effects of this medication. You won’t want to miss their discussion highlighting the anesthetic considerations of patients who takes cannabis.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Adapting to cannabis becoming more acceptable recreationally and for care with patients. 2:29
- The pharmacokinetics related to cannabis. 4:32
- Reviewing an AANA Journal article on cannabis. 7:54
- The respiratory effects you might find from cannabis. 9:25
- The anesthetic implications for a cannabis user. 11:58
- Does cannabis help with pain management? 15:01
- Teitel A, Bozimowski G. A Review of the Pharmacology and Anesthetic Implications of Cannabis. AANA J. 2020 Jun;88(3):237-244. PMID: 32442102.
About our hosts: https://kpatprogram.org/about-the-school/faculty.html
Visit us online: http://beyondthemaskpodcast.com
Get the CE certificate here: https://beyondthemaskpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Beyond-the-Mask-CE-Cert-FILLABLE.pdf
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.