The issue of reimbursement is one that we’ve covered from many different perspectives on this show but now it’s time to take the problem into our own hands. Rebecca Love, RN, MSN, FIEL is leading a commission along with Sharon Pearce, DNP, CRNA, FAANA for nurse reimbursement to tackle this broken financial model once and for all. Today we’ll tell you all about the commission’s plan and why we think this will transform the healthcare system and help end the terrible nursing crisis our country is facing.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- History of the current financial model and why it’s a problem. 4:00
- Why is this perpetuating the nursing shortage? 9:21
- Where is the money going right now if it’s not going to nurses? 14:30
- This next generation is much more in tune with the financial realities of the world. 19:55
- The problem with nurses that are being brought in from overseas. 26:59
- Details on the commission, who is involved, and what you can do to help. 32:06
- Thoughts on why this is so critical for nursing moving forward. 36:27
About the Commission: https://commissionfornursereimbursement.com/
Visit us online: http://beyondthemaskpodcast.com
Get the CE certificate here: https://beyondthemaskpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Beyond-the-Mask-CE-Cert-FILLABLE.pdf
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.