Bill Bruce, MBA, CAE, took over as the CEO of the AANA last summer so we caught up with him to get an update on how the organization has progressed over his first eight months. It’s already been a busy term already with staffing changes and the AANA moving into a new building, but there are many policy issues to be managed and addressed as well. Join us as we find out what’s happening inside the AANA and how the organization is tackling key issues.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Update on the new AANA building the organization moved into a few months ago. (4:15)
- The efforts to make the organization more modernized and efficient, and the key staff changes that have occurred (9:49)
- What is the organization doing about supervision with current guidelines set to expire soon? (18:12)
- What’s the status of the VA and full practice authority? (23:48)
- The other big advocacy issues the AANA is paying close attention to. (27:38)
- How he’s adjusted to the new position as an ‘outsider.’ (29:51)
Listen to our first conversation with Bill:
About our guest: https://www.aana.com/about-us/aana-staff-directors
Visit us online: http://beyondthemaskpodcast.com
Get the CE certificate here: https://beyondthemaskpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Beyond-the-Mask-CE-Cert-FILLABLE.pdf
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.