Hypovolemic shock is the final shock state in this series of episodes that focuses on the identification, management, and differential diagnosis of different shock states. Jeremy and Sass discuss current treatment options for a patient experiencing hypovolemic shock and some of the various problems that can occur during this crisis.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn on this show:
- Which medications should you hold and which ones are okay to continue taking during surgery? (5:10)
- The different options for differential diagnosis. (9:09)
- The two variations of hypovolemic shock. (13:08)
- The mechanism of cardiac compromise at the cellular level. (17:33)
- What interventions can you take to save the patient if the bleeding begins? (20:16)
- A few questions relating to this topic to help students prepare. (27:51)
About our hosts: https://kpatprogram.org/about-the-school/faculty.html
Visit us online: http://beyondthemaskpodcast.com
Get the CE certificate here: https://beyondthemaskpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Beyond-the-Mask-CE-Cert-FILLABLE.pdf
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.